Disney Family

Disney Family

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dashing Day: Be Kind To Your Feet

Feet come in all shapes and sizes:




Each of those feet and ankles above (and yours too) contain 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments. They are our shock absorbers and our propulsion machine. And within a one mile run we can pound out several TONS of pressure on those puppies!



So we need to be kind to our feet and the first way to do that is to invest in good shoes that fit well. Ones that will address such things as high, low, or no arches, over pronation, or supination to name a few.

Linking the above with running, I thought all running shoes were created equal and I was willing to live in ignorant bliss...Until I upped the anti with my training game. The increased mileage, change of pace, and texture of the ground I ran on began to take a toll on the ole feet. It felt like I was clumping around the track with six pounders on each foot. (Refer to the previous picture of me exercising below)



So I did the old dance of search and review on a lot of running shoes and decided on the Saucony Women's Cohesion 6.



What an amazing difference it made! Fantastic even. I really felt like I was running on clouds--Not that I know what that's like but you get the idea.

Okay, here's the deal. If you are about to start on this running/walking adventure, just remember--be kind to your feet. They'll thank you in the end instead of howling at the moon.

Alright, that's a wrap so until next time...

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Disclaimer: I was offered no compensation for the above and all opinions are my own.

Pixie Dust Corner: This section will offer a quote or short blurb to hopefully make you laugh, smile, or just make you happy. And since this has all started with a love for Disney, it's only appropriate to start with a quote from Mr. Walt himself.

"I hope we never lose sight of one thing--It was all started by a Mouse."

No comments:

Post a Comment